Gibson Brands is excited to re-introduce to the world Maestro Pedals.
Shaping innovation and quality in tone since 1962, Maestro is the Founder of Effects beginning with the very first commercially available distortion pedal and originator of rock and roll with the iconic FZ-1 Fuzz-Tone. With a strong legacy and reputation for cutting edge and unique pedals, Maestro is back to offer new designs based on classic effects with added functionality and an eye-catching vibe. Now it’s time to Shape your Sound with Maestro.
The Comet uses iconic analog bucket brigade device (BBD) technology to deliver warm, classic chorus tones. This all-analog pedal boasts a Mode toggle switch for increased sonic versatility. The Earth mode provides an optimized, shimmering chorus effect, while Orbit mode adds some amplitude modulation to the chorused sound, more accurately simulating the sonic complexities of a rotary speaker. An internal trim pot lets you adjust the level of the rotary speaker Orbit effect to taste. The intuitive 3-knob layout lets you quickly dial up the Depth (amount of pitch variation), Speed (modulation rate) of the chorusing, and adjust the amount of pitch modulated signal that is blended in with the dry signal by using the Mix control. The true bypass footswitch triggers the LED lights in the bugles in the Maestro logo when its on, so youll always know when the effect is active.
• Controls: Depth, Mix, Speed; internal Orbit amount trim pot
• Internal Trim Pot: The internal trim pot labeled Orbit allows the user to adjust the amount of the rotary speaker-style effect that is blended into the sound when the Mode switch is in the Orbit position. Using a small screwdriver, turn clockwise to increase, counterclockwise to decrease the amount of the Orbit effect.
• Switches: True Bypass footswitch, Orbit/Earth Mode toggle switch
• LED Indicators: Red, yellow, and blue bugles in the Maestro logo illuminate when the pedal is active
• Signal Processing: All-Analog
• Power Requirements: 9V battery or regulated 9VDC power supply (5.5 x 2.1mm plug, wired center-negative)
• Current Draw: 55.4 mA
• Power On Switch: Incorporated into the input jack. Unplug the input when not in use to prevent battery drain. Remove the battery when the pedal is going to be stored for long periods to prevent leakage and damage.
• Input Impedance: 470K ohms
• Output Impedance: 1K ohms
• Switching: True Bypass
• Dimensions (D x W x H): 5.04" x 3.45" x 2.5" (12.8 x 8.76 x 6.35cm), including feet, knobs, jacks, etc.
• Weight (Including Battery): 1.2 lbs. / 544 g