Elite Audio Conversion with Four Unison Mic Preamps, HEXA Core Processing, and Surround Sound.
Apollo x8 allows music producers, project, and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with new world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring• - all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac*• or PC.
Built upon UA's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 18 x 24 interface distinguishes itself with four Unison(TM)-enabled mic preamps, providing authentic emulations of preamps from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and more, plus all-new HEXA Core processing - yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time.
- Record with elite-class A/D and D/A conversion - nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest noise available, at any price
- Mix with powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP chips for running more UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
- Track with near-zero latency through Unison(TM) preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, Fender, and more
- Integrate with high-end commercial systems, via 7.1 surround sound monitoring and selectable +24 dBu headroom
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
To improve on the previous generation Apollo interface's class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A converters - ultimately pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for an ultra-pristine signal path.
With 129 dB dynamic range and -119 dB THD+N, Apollo x8's open, natural sound quality rivals any dedicated high-end converter on the market - regardless of price - and is the perfect starting point for applying UAD processing.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
Apollo x8 features new HEXA Core processing, with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you're tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API, or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW.
From the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on guitars to the musical tube limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine 1176 or Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward with a rich, three-dimensional analog sound that UAD plug‑ins provide.
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, API & Manley Preamps
Perfect for musicians, engineers, producers, and sound designers, Apollo x8 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, SSL, and Universal Audio. A Universal Audio exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres - including their input impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard HEXA Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Apollo Console software, and it physically reconfigures the Apollo interface's impedance - so you can tap into the classic sounds of the world's most recorded mic preamps.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Of course, a hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency. Apollo x8 includes the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, so you can record and mix with the world's only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and iconic guitar and bass amps from Marshall and Ampeg
- UA 610‐B
- Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier
- Fairchild 670 Legacy
- Teletronix LA‐2A Legacy
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Pultec EQP‐1A Legacy
- Pultec Pro Legacy
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- UA Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
APOLLO x8 FEATURES
• 18 x 24 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion (backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 & 2 on Mac**)
• Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
• Record through 4 Unison-enabled mic/line preamps - giving you fully authentic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and more
• Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format*
• Includes "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp; Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic, and more
• UAD HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
• Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices
• Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
• Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
• Free, industry-leading technical support - on the phone and online - from knowledgeable audio engineers
*Surround Sound Support for Apollo X Coming Q4 2018.
**Mac Pro (Late 2013"black cylinder" model) compatibility for Apollo X coming Q4 2018.
Line Inputs: 8 Balanced 1/4" TRS
Microphone Inputs: 4 Balanced XLR
Instrument (Hi-Z) Inputs: 2 Unbalanced 1/4" TS
Digital Inputs (Optical TOSLINK):
ADAT: 8 channels @ 44.1 96 kHz
ADAT: 4 channels @ 176.4 192 kHz
Digital Inputs (RCA): S/PDIF: 2 channels @ 44.1 192 kHz
A to D Conversion
• Dynamic Range: 122 dB (A-weighted)
• THD+N: -115 dB (0.00019%)
• Frequency Response: 20 Hz 20 kHz, 0.05 dB
• Dynamic Range: 123 dB (A-weighted)
• THD+N: -113 dB (0.00022%)
• Frequency Response: 20 Hz 20 kHz, 0.04 dB
Line Outputs: 8 Balanced 1/4" TRS
Monitor Outputs: 2 Balanced 1/4" TRS
Headphone Outputs: 2 Stereo 1/4" TRS
Digital Outputs (Optical TOSLINK):
• ADAT: 8 channels @ 44.1 96 kHz
• ADAT: 4 channels @ 176.4 192 kHz
Digital Outputs (RCA): S/PDIF: 2 channels @ 44.1 to 192 kHz
D to A Conversion
• Dynamic Range: 127 dB (A-weighted)
• THD+N: -118 dB (0.00011%)
• Frequency Response: 20 Hz 20 kHz, 0.07 dB
• Dynamic Range: 129 dB (A-weighted)
• THD+N: -118 dB (0.00012%)
• Frequency Response: 20 Hz 20 kHz, 0.06 dB
• Dynamic Range: 125 dB (A-weighted)
• THD+N: -102 dB (0.00080%)
• Frequency Response: 20 Hz 20 kHz, 0.05 dB
APOLLO X SERIES SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
- Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
- Thunderbolt 1 and 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (not included)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, and 10.14 Mojave
-Please note that Catalina is not yet fully tested with UAD software.
Important: macOS High Sierra, Mojave, and Catalina require manual steps to enable UAD software. For details, see this article.
- Available Thunderbolt 3 port
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (64-Bit Edition)